• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Winter 2020/2021

Do you think this winter is going to continue the crazyness of 2020 or do we finally break free?

• Total voters

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Managed 4" total the last 3 days. 2" from heavy squalls on Saturday then another 2" overnight. Cold and windy currently with a few flurries still falling. Interested to see if we can eek out more tomorrow with the front so close by.

Brings my season total to around 17". Much better than the season total of 4" last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It just started snowing here for I think the first time this calendar year, perfect timing.

EDIT: That lasted all of ten minutes, sun's back out.

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got a coating here this evening, but I can't tell how much of it is snow and how much of it is sleet. I'm about two miles from DCA and they reported a third of an inch.

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I want some of whatever the Euro is smoking. (The GFS is forecasting 3-4" for northern VA in the same time frame)
EstmwLOXYAAlGxa

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
I want some of whatever the Euro is smoking. (The GFS is forecasting 3-4" for northern VA in the same time frame)
EstmwLOXYAAlGxa
Tomorrow evening looks mighty interesting for NW NC and SW VA. Could see a burst of very heavy snow before the NWFS sets in. Then the threat this weekend. Good to know winter ain't over yet.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We were originally supposed to get some tomorrow but thankfully that's no longer the case. But this weekend still looks rough even with the models that haven't gone off the deep end.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Y'all send some snow to north GA please.
I been trying. The NC border counties have done pretty well. My family in Hiawassee has seen several inches total.

This has been the winter I moved up here to Boone for so far. Hoping it can keep up. May actually get to our average for once.

Reaction score
I been trying. The NC border counties have done pretty well. My family in Hiawassee has seen several inches total.

This has been the winter I moved up here to Boone for so far. Hoping it can keep up. May actually get to our average for once.

I'm in Cartersville so we just get rain almost every time.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
the GFS has us in the 8-9" range while the Euro is in the 10-11" range and the Canadian is over a foot. glad we're getting groceries delivered today because you couldn't pay me to go outside this weekend.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
the GFS has us in the 8-9" range while the Euro is in the 10-11" range and the Canadian is over a foot. glad we're getting groceries delivered today because you couldn't pay me to go outside this weekend.
Enjoy it. I'm gonna be fighting waa over the wedge down here. Looking pretty icy.

Jacob

Reaction score
Enjoy it. I'm gonna be fighting waa over the wedge down here. Looking pretty icy.

I was bringing the family up to Boone/Banner Elk on Sunday, but decided the driving conditions Sunday/Monday wouldn't be worth it.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
I was bringing the family up to Boone/Banner Elk on Sunday, but decided the driving conditions Sunday/Monday wouldn't be worth it.

I'm hoping the HRRR/NAM are right and we maintain a mostly snow/sleet event. It's gonna be really close, though.

Hiked up Elk Knob today and they got a solid 4-6" Wed/Thu. Beech had thundersnow on Wednesday night.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like we're going to underperform pretty significantly here, the low is well north of where the models showing big numbers had it progged.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we're going to underperform pretty significantly here, the low is well north of where the models showing big numbers had it progged.
We managed to stay snow/sleet for most of the event down here. Wound up with 3.5" of compacted slop.

The incoming NWF is gonna be crazy. Spots on the tn/nc border could get 2 feet.

Back