• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Wednesday/Thursday/Friday April 17th-19th Severe Threat

TileDude

Reaction score
It's not really, a lot of chicken farms out there and wide open land.

I'm really kind of irritated right now. I have a class from 6-8 at Samford here in Bham and I have heard no word at all on closings. It's not something I can miss if they do have it, which is annoying since this will be coming through here at that time.
My son goes to Cumberland and they and Sanford wait to the last minute to close if at all

kcyalater

Reaction score
This is one of the nastier tornadic QLCS' I've seen on radar since the morning round on 4/**/**. This most likely won't be nearly that prolific and won't be followed by the terrible round of violent supercell tornadoes, but there will certainly be pockets of relatively strong (by QLCS standards) tornado damage in there.
I think there is a legitimate concern for widespread wind damage along and north of 20 in MS and 20/59 AL. I agree with Kory that central and southern MS (southeastern at this point) and AL are at greater risk for tornadoes.

Kory

Reaction score
The line is moving at 50 mph. It’ll be to Birmingham before 11pm. It is not unusual for counties to be added to a Watch well after issuance.

Logo 468x120
Back