• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Tracking Map/Chart

TCLwx

Reaction score
I have searched the forum for this answer, so please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I am searching for a full Atlantic Basin tracking map/chart that has Lat/Lon shown to the tenth (or at least 2 tenths) of a degree (for precise tracking in line with NHC Advisories). I have the NHC one for GOM but can’t find a good Atlantic Basin map.

Does anyone have a file or link they could share?

Thanks!

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
@TCLwx
I did a little searching as well and can't seem to find any charts to that level of detail. Let us know if you find one!

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Unfortunately I think the Atlantic may just be too big for a chart that large to be readily available to the public. I'm thinking of doing one this year and I'll probably use the standard 1-degree one for the Atlantic.

Reaction score
I have searched the forum for this answer, so please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I am searching for a full Atlantic Basin tracking map/chart that has Lat/Lon shown to the tenth (or at least 2 tenths) of a degree (for precise tracking in line with NHC Advisories). I have the NHC one for GOM but can’t find a good Atlantic Basin map.

Does anyone have a file or link they could share?

Thanks!

I used this one and zoomed in with grid lines on using Paint to plot Michael since it only has lines in 1 Degree

tracking_chart_atlantic.png

TCLwx

Reaction score
I used this one and zoomed in with grid lines on using Paint to plot Michael since it only has lines in 1 Degree

View attachment 1870
Thanks for all the replies. This map is pretty much the best Atlantic Basin option I can find. My idea is to blow this up, laminate it, and put it on the wall of my office. Maybe I can just get it big enough that I can do a better job guesstimating the tenths of a degree.

Back