• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Tracking Map/Chart (1 Viewer)

TCLwx

I have searched the forum for this answer, so please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I am searching for a full Atlantic Basin tracking map/chart that has Lat/Lon shown to the tenth (or at least 2 tenths) of a degree (for precise tracking in line with NHC Advisories). I have the NHC one for GOM but can’t find a good Atlantic Basin map.

Does anyone have a file or link they could share?

Thanks!

WesL

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
@TCLwx
I did a little searching as well and can't seem to find any charts to that level of detail. Let us know if you find one!

rolltide_130

Special Affiliations
Unfortunately I think the Atlantic may just be too big for a chart that large to be readily available to the public. I'm thinking of doing one this year and I'll probably use the standard 1-degree one for the Atlantic.

Special Affiliations
I have searched the forum for this answer, so please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere. I am searching for a full Atlantic Basin tracking map/chart that has Lat/Lon shown to the tenth (or at least 2 tenths) of a degree (for precise tracking in line with NHC Advisories). I have the NHC one for GOM but can’t find a good Atlantic Basin map.

Does anyone have a file or link they could share?

Thanks!
I used this one and zoomed in with grid lines on using Paint to plot Michael since it only has lines in 1 Degree

tracking_chart_atlantic.png

TCLwx

I used this one and zoomed in with grid lines on using Paint to plot Michael since it only has lines in 1 Degree

View attachment 1870
Thanks for all the replies. This map is pretty much the best Atlantic Basin option I can find. My idea is to blow this up, laminate it, and put it on the wall of my office. Maybe I can just get it big enough that I can do a better job guesstimating the tenths of a degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)