• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Svr Wx Threat Sun 2/26/2023 (KS, OK, TX, MO) & Mon 2/27/2023 (IL/IN/OH)

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A little more than half an hour ago, I saw a very brief, wispy funnel north of Wilmington, OH. It got close to the ground but I’m unsure if it actually touched down or not. Storms are racing away and my chase is over. Will post more later.

looks like this was a popular occurrence across the region this afternoon. i was able to chase from the comfort of my cubicle... so naturally i'm a bit jealous of my mother, who lives south of middletown and saw one for herself.

OHWX97

Reaction score
Okay. Here’s my cruddy, amateur video of the funnel cloud near the town of Bowersville, OH.

Pictures of the wall cloud prior to producing the funnel.
11198A40-AEAB-482A-A174-F08A5556EBF4.jpeg
75444057-6069-4EF3-8DD5-4CDA7A9045CE.jpeg

In hindsight, I wish I would’ve stuck to my original plan of traveling north on I-75, instead of I-71. Could’ve seen a much better funnel (possible tornado) near Middletown. But at least I saw something.

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
Haven’t posted much because of how exhausting and scary it was here in the Dayton metro today. Was worried we were experiencing Memorial Day Part 2, but damage thankfully seems minor.

Edit: Actually the damage from the West Middletown, OH tornado looks fairly significant.

Last edited:

A Guy

Reaction score
Looks like a block foundation. If the 'well anchored' house at Sunset Beach was only an EF3, I must entertain some doubt about this getting more, though the context is significantly more impressive.

Reaction score
Wow, the Hobart tornado had an extremely well defined condensation funnel.

I thought I saw a funnel like that (and so did the on-air meteorologist) in the live chaser video on KWTV as the Norman tornado had just cycled (apparently) and produced a new one around the time it crossed I-40 over northwest Shawnee. It was so quick, though in the lightning flashes and through the rain-spattered windshield it was hard to tell. Sure wasn't expecting highly visible condensation funnels yesterday, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the low-level inversion and relatively high LCLs. My mindset was that this was more like a Dixie setup due to nontraditional timing for the southern Plains (according to both the calendar and the diurnal cycle), but it really wasn't.

Back