• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Svr Wx Threat Sun 2/26/2023 (KS, OK, TX, MO) & Mon 2/27/2023 (IL/IN/OH)

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Going to be one of those nights here in NW Arkansas....

OKC101-131-145-270530-
/O.CON.KTSA.TO.W.0007.000000T0000Z-230227T0530Z/
Rogers OK-Wagoner OK-Muskogee OK-
1112 PM CST Sun Feb 26 2023

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1130 PM CST FOR SOUTH
CENTRAL ROGERS...WAGONER AND NORTHWESTERN MUSKOGEE COUNTIES...

At 1111 PM CST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Haskell, moving northeast at 50 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apparently there was at least one confirmed tornado in northeastern Illinois this morning. Didn't look too impressive on radar though.

OHWX97

Reaction score
Solid looking cold-core setup is taking place over the midwest today, including much of Indiana and Ohio. Already a few tornado reports in eastern Illinois.

I'm strongly considering chasing. If I do, my plan is to travel up I-75, targeting somewhere a little north of Dayton.

Last edited:

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Did that "mid range EF4" tweet regarding the Norman tornado get deleted? Seems he was way too quick to hype it up as a violent tornado, and part of the reason it looked so impressive on radar is likely because it passed so close to the NWS Norman radar site. Haven't seen anything to suggest a tornado stronger than low-end EF2 intensity or so - which is fortunate considering if it was significantly stronger, the initial damage reports would have probably quickly turned into 'numerous fatalities'...

Reaction score
Solid looking cold-core setup is taking place over the midwest today, including much of Indiana and Ohio. Already a few tornado reports in eastern Illinois.

I'm strongly considering chasing. If I do, my plan is to travel up I-75, targeting somewhere a little north of Dayton.

Good luck! Just as well for me this is happening stupidly early in the morning (if you consider 4-8PM to be the "classic" time for photogenic supercell tornadoes) so I have to be at work and couldn't even be tempted to chase.

OHWX97

Reaction score
Good luck! Just as well for me this is happening stupidly early in the morning (if you consider 4-8PM to be the "classic" time for photogenic supercell tornadoes) so I have to be at work and couldn't even be tempted to chase.
Thank you! It's something I didn't consider doing until late last night and haven't had a lot of time to prepare, so I'm still a bit on the fence. That being said, I do have an off-day today and don't get good opportunities like this often. I hate the thought of missing out on something amazing.

Last edited:

OHWX97

Reaction score
Morning showers have cleared. Still a lot of clouds, but rapid destabilization is obviously taking place. I have my eyes set on the cell nearing Seymour, IN.