• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Summer Weather 2019

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New drought monitor out. We now have severe drought conditions in a little chunk of Shelby county. Statistically, there is slightly less drought on the board than last week, but the drought that still persists has worsened. Even the big rain events have been rather scattered. D0 conditions have been greatly reduced in the NW quarter of the state, but I'm still in it heh.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
I don’t wanna go there, but I think we’re really starting to see climate change accelerate. Alaska and Greenland have broken all time record highs. We’re seeing stubborn blocking patterns setting up...breaking records as well.

It really is quite scary looking at it. Really the only area in the northern hemisphere that hasn't been experiencing huge temperature anomalies is the Continental US. The fact that such a huge heatwave made it that far north is absurd.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A station in Norway one degree of latitude below the Arctic Circle registered a 96F high today

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And following on the heels of the record heat, there are major wildfires burning in France, Germany, and Poland.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I am of the opinion nowadays that on the surface of things there shouldn't be anything political about the highly worrying degree of climate change in recent years because statistics and recorded measurements have no agenda... nor does the rapid melt of glaciers and Arctic ice. There is definitely a trend. What amount is natural versus human caused can be debated, of course, but I don't think anyone can say that the rapid rate of recent change can be completely attributed to natural sources.

On topic though, the dust is certainly making yard work a bit more frustrating. Hasn't felt awful out despite the nice cooldown being over, but now that the humidity is back it would be great to win the shower lottery

skelly

Reaction score
That’s where it’s been for years now but you can’t present any point of view anecdotal or analytical or geological historical anything shedding skepticism on basically anyone’s point of view without being politically accused.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I wish I could market the anti-rain shield... I would use the profits to pay someone to water plants for me
Screenshot_20190807-182204_RadarScope.jpg

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Marion county cell bowed out and gave a NICE shelf cloud, and then a few minutes of heavy rain. It's something

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
With how well defined the gust front is, the outflow dominance makes me wonder how much further south it will be able to push; gorgeous ominous skies though.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I was hoping we would get away with only ONE miserable heat index 105+ spree this year but can't say I'm surprised. I wish I could hibernate in a cold bathtub from June through September. Just two months till October... just two months til October... just two months till October.

Reaction score
The heat is insane this year-seems like something is going on to cause this!!!--I have bought a hat with a wide brim and a back flap that covers my neck. Sun burns my neck!! This isn't normal!!

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah ironically I had to get one of those hats as well, a regular cap and sunscreen wasn't cutting it anymore; been staying pretty consistently blistered though. Every time the sun comes out it's been like being wrapped in a boiling hot soaking wet blanket

Reaction score
Meanwhile over here the humidity has finally broken for a couple of days. Unfortunately, it's supposed to be back with a vengeance on Monday, which is apparently going to be feeling like 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit).

Kory

Reaction score
Get ready for some triple digits temperature readings Monday and Tuesday. Heat indices...in excess of 105-110 with some isolated 112-115 readings.

Back