• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Summer Weather 2019

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We’re getting some rain here and it’ll be in the 70s most of the week, so I can open the windows instead of running the air for a few days. Might help make up for that unusually hot May.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And the showers missed again as drier air sweeps in. Slightly cooler is good but the rain event was a total dud here. Ground is back to dry with little impact. Kinda sad about that

Oh cool. A nearly clear sky shower that lasted 30 seconds just to taunt me. Lol this is going to be one of those summers

Last edited:

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
I swear the Alabama summer climate has changed. I don’t recall getting numerous heavy rain/high rain probability events during the summer 10+ years ago like we have the last few years. Nor do I recall having dry days in June where my high is 79, but that’s what I had today. I don’t remember the last time I hit an actual temp of 100.

I want 95 and tiny pop up showers that are widely spaced.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Why has our June weather become so unsummer like the last few years? It seems like we get widespread, numerous storms everyday, we’ve had cool snaps, and now a potential Alabama severe weather threat that is unrelated to a tropical system? What gives?

Kory

Reaction score
Why has our June weather become so unsummer like the last few years? It seems like we get widespread, numerous storms everyday, we’ve had cool snaps, and now a potential Alabama severe weather threat that is unrelated to a tropical system? What gives?
We have been stuck in a negative NAO phase and one that broke records for May and continuing into June. It has been a long while since we've had a negative NAO this long/strong. It is keeping the pattern very suppressed and active.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Cool and wet early summer... I'm loving it so far, as long as the rain actually gets here this time lol

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We have been stuck in a negative NAO phase and one that broke records for May and continuing into June. It has been a long while since we've had a negative NAO this long/strong. It is keeping the pattern very suppressed and active.
Don’t worry... when winter arrives... it will be bye bye negative nao...lol

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Please rain big today! My flowers are thirsty, they don’t enjoy the funky hose stuff!

Kory

Reaction score
Another relatively lackluster “widespread” rain event. We’re gonna need today to ramp up otherwise, I don’t think we get the widespread 1-3” amounts.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
All these recent rain events are in eastern AL. Every time, eastern AL. Little if any here but widespread rain to the east. Getting a bit old

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Was absolutely miserable out today whenever the sun came out, glad that temperatures moderate a bit before the work week starts

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Already seeing talk of better rain chances this week, next week, and for the first week of July.

Everyone will keep complaining like we are in the worst drought in history and say we need the “beneficial” rain, but it looks like this is going to be another abnormally wet summer. It might be my great-grandchildren who see the next 100 degree day.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
I’d like to get to go the lake and use the pool more than one weekend a month. Seems like every weekend has had high rain chances since the beginning of June.

Apparently the majority of people no longer enjoy traditional outdoor summer activities. Some of y’all need to move north, hahaha.

Logo 468x120
Back