• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Summer Weather 2019

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Seven day forecast for here = small isolated shot tomorrow night then bone dry and sunny to the end of the period. I hate it. Hate it hate it hate it

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah NW flow is great with me. I'm totally keeping fingers crossed for a good late evening MCS, I will probably go outside and dance in the rain. Unless lightning.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From the BMX AFD... time to go from dry to soakin'

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
It seems like we get more summer "wet patterns" now then we used to. Seems like there aren't a lot of days with widely spaced, tiny pop-up storms anymore. It is either totally dry or there are multi-day, widespread rain events.

Kory

Reaction score
Very tropical downpours this evening. Not much lightning or thunder that I could hear. With PWATs in the upper quartile for this year, I suspect we will be dealing with flooding issues if we get any slow moving/training storms tomorrow.

NwAla

Reaction score
I got under one here in Franklin County AL. I received over 2 inches in around 1 hour.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20190607-205837_Ambient%20Weather.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20190607-205837_Ambient%20Weather.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just light sprinkles so far today again, probably under a quarter inch for the whole event so far. Fingers crossed for the next three days

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Can anyone direct me to a really Precipitation Accumulation map for North Alabama?

Thank you!

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Got a little more this afternoon but I'm at under an inch still as well... since June 2nd.

Rain chances for today and tomorrow continue to decrease across west AL, I am concerned that this is going to be a total non-event here. Has barely wet the soil surface, gardens are still stressed and creeks still dry.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
Some totals in Tuscaloosa County have exceeded 5 inches since last Wednesday. Last day of widespread rain will be today then we look to dry out a week before NW flow and troughing takes over the Central US again.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not a drop here today, storm total still under three quarters of an inch. Kinda sad about that

Back