• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Summer Weather 2019

Reaction score
Didn't see a general Summer thread like we have winter ones-perhaps because summer is a long, drawn out broken record of boring heat but models GFS and Euro are showing exceptional heat in the far Southeast US Memorial Day Weekend. I'm pretty sure this would qualify for widespread heat advisories. Hope this isn't how this summer is going to be.

According to NWS Tallahassee the last time local airports in this area hit 100

With these temperatures the record highs will be near record or
record breaking. Some areas will even be in the running to reach 100
degrees. For TLH, the record high is 100 (24th-26th) and it`s
possible this will be tied. The last official 100 degree days
(measured at each airport) for the following areas are as follows:

Dothan, AL: July 1, 2012
Valdosta, GA: August 23, 2014
Panama City, FL: August 26, 2014
Tallahassee, FL: August 23, 2016
Albany, GA: June 25, 2018

GFS

Annotation 2019-05-19 205833.png

Euro zoomed in on Waycross Ga

Annotation 2019-05-19 210908.png

Click the thumbnail for the Forecast from Weather US for Valdosta-I know its pretty much computer generated but seems to be a good average of what the GFS and Euro are showing

Annotation 2019-05-19 210347.png

Argus

Reaction score
Does the high break down to put us back in a northwest flow? Been hearing about a "back door front" next week.

Reaction score
Does the high break down to put us back in a northwest flow? Been hearing about a "back door front" next week.

NWS Tallahassee just mentions the high may flatten out a bit by Wednesday allowing for a slight cool-down of a couple of degrees. No rain though their extended just hot and dry...

Michael damaged areas may see higher temps.

Latest temp map for Memorial Day says ready or not here comes summer! :rolleyes:

Kory

Reaction score
I know it’s too early to say but I hope we’re not moving into a drought.
We are getting abnormally dry conditions developing across the Southeast. I suspect that will continue to worsen the coming 1-2 weeks since we aren’t expecting any big pattern changes.

Reaction score
We are getting abnormally dry conditions developing across the Southeast. I suspect that will continue to worsen the coming 1-2 weeks since we aren’t expecting any big pattern changes.
I sure hope not! Everyone on my street including myself is on well water with no county water available so droughts worrie me.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It hit 90 here for the first time on Monday and I’m thrilled. Obviously we’re not running short on rain though.

Kory

Reaction score
Aquifers will probably be okay down here for at least several weeks given the spring rainfall. I do think we'll get into more of a NW flow pattern...a more MCS friendly pattern.

ARCC

Reaction score
Aquifers will probably be okay down here for at least several weeks given the spring rainfall. I do think we'll get into more of a NW flow pattern...a more MCS friendly pattern.

I guess if there is a silver lining to this semi-drought is that the center of it looks to be across central to south AL. Aquifers across this region are nuts, so it will take a historic drought to affect them.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm over these death ridges already. Gimme some MCS action, I hate having to water plants and see the thermometer dangling close to 100 daily before June even starts.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I'm over these death ridges already. Gimme some MCS action, I hate having to water plants and see the thermometer dangling close to 100 daily before June even starts.
Amen to that, I have been overseeding my yard and have to water it with a shower hose (no sprinklers) and it takes hours.. every day. I would enjoy some help! I could just bite the bullet and buy a hose irrigator.. but then I'd have less of an excuse to drink a cold brew outside.

Reaction score
I don't see 105°F in any of the official Tallahassee forecasts. Seems like that must be close to an all-time record for them if it verified!

The hottest I've seen for yesterday was 100 in Alma. TWC app said my location was 100 but Valdosta/Moody each reported 98. Today is forecast to reach 102 in Savannah.

ARCC

Reaction score
Amen to that, I have been overseeding my yard and have to water it with a shower hose (no sprinklers) and it takes hours.. every day. I would enjoy some help! I could just bite the bullet and buy a hose irrigator.. but then I'd have less of an excuse to drink a cold brew outside.

Yall are crazy for worrying about grass in this heat. As long as its cut mine looks great.

Reaction score
Man's man! Love it!

Reactions: KoD

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like maybe a northwest flow by the weekend which hopefully will eventually throw a couple of MCS remnants this way. I hate ridges and will be thrilled to see this one go

Kory

Reaction score
Looks like maybe a northwest flow by the weekend which hopefully will eventually throw a couple of MCS remnants this way. I hate ridges and will be thrilled to see this one go
I like them around holidays. Made for a perfect Memorial Weekend.

Logo 468x120
Back