• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    Right now we are in LIVE MODE for a severe weather event.
    Take a moment and join us for free and get access to member only features like LIVE MODE.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • Current Severe Weather Threads
    Multiday Severe Weather Thread (May 17-21, 2019) CLICK HERE

Space Thread (1 Viewer)

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Special Affiliations
HAM Callsign
W4TFO
Launching now

StormStalker

Staff member
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer,
Massive set back for SpaceX over the weekend as they were conducting a test on the dragon crew capsule and it exploded. This was the same capsule that flew to the ISS and made a safe return last month. They were testing the rockets on the capsule that would ignite in the event there was a problem with the main booster and push the capsule away to abort the flight. SpaceX isn't saying much. They were planing to conduct that mission abort test with this capsule over the summer.

WesL

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer,
Looks like that setback has Elon scaling back his ambitions a bit.

I often think that Elon and I have the same mindset. My mind runs wild with ideas when looking at the simplest things. I'm willing to bet they were discussing something with the air system and his mind went down the rabbit hole and now we are talking about leafblowers. LOL

In other news, I believe Tesla's earnings call is tomorrow.

WesL

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer,
Per Reuters, "How to Capture A Rocket," with sound file. Guess they'll be set up tomorrow, too!
That is an awesome article. I've served as media at several launches including the very first SpaceX ISS resupply mission. It is quite a show. Love when they post stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)