• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
The more videos I watch of it the more I realize what the people in the Tri-state tornado saw before it hit them. How fast that mile wide tornado moves is insane. By the time you realized that you were looking at a tornado it was too late even if it was a few miles off.

I agree completely with the parent thunderstorm being so close to the ground and I can't imagine how it looked coming directly at you

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Damage to farm equipment from a long-track tornado that occurred in Russia's Rostov region on May 14, 2016. While the tornado got an F3 rating and most of the structural damage seemed to fall within that range, I feel the damage it did to this equipment is overlooked and impressive for a tornado outside the United States.
смерч2016-1.JPG
смерч2016-2.JPG
смерч2016-4.JPG
смерч2016-5.JPG

andyhb

Reaction score
That second video of the Dolores tornado is pretty amazing.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Some more tornado videos from outside of North America:

A small F1 tornado that hit Kolpino, St. Petersburg, Russia in 2010. Check out the car being picked up in the second video:

EXTREME up close footage of the Dolores, Uruguay F3 tornado:

The way that car gets spun around like a top in that second Russian video is almost comical.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Damage from the 1980 Kalamazoo tornado
N7PBNXONQBEQRGP5JZW4LBMDGU.JPG

7SYOWJ7XTNDH3G2H3OYO3Y4OUM.JPG

EX8JsPAXYAEMPiT.jpg

tornado3b.jpg

tornado1b.jpg

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score
On this day in 2010, the only high-end EF3 west of the continental divide struck rural areas of northern Arizona. Large metal transmission towers were downed and one was ripped from its concrete footing. The NWS estimated the winds could be as high as 165 mph. This was apart of a much larger significant tornado outbreak in Arizona.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some photos from Sayler Park:
Sayler-park-F5-tornado.JPG
The tornado. You can get an idea of just how narrow this thing was as it was about to sweep away homes in Sayler Park.

Saylerpark-damage-blockfoundation.JPG
Saylerpark-F5-damage-home.JPGRemains of a block foundation home.

Sayler-park-F5-damage.JPGThe tornado showed some evidence of debris granulation and (possible?) ground scouring

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PHOTO OF THE VEHICLE FROM WESTMINSTER THAT WAS SANDBLASTED, CAKED IN MUD, HAD ALL ITS TIRES RIPPED OFF, AND WAS WAS LEFT COMPLETELY UNRECOGNIZABLE? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!

Oakhurst_Wx

Reaction score
Does anybody have any ultra-obscure or impressive images of damage from the New Richmond Cyclone, especially those outside of town. Thanks.

Logo 468x120
Back