• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Significant Tornado Events - Global Edition

maksimwx980

Reaction score

Attachments

• another Ivanovo tornado picture.png
    another Ivanovo tornado picture.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 0

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Finding videos (excluding chaser footage) of just about any 2020's tornado is like trying to find a landscape or 1:1 needle in a haystack of vertical videos, mainstream media and AI generated clickbait. But, with the right tools, it can be done:

Unrelated, but here's a photogenic nighttime tornadic waterspout that made landfall in Limassol, Cyprus earlier this month. Many cars and around 200 houses were damaged, with a few being left uninhabitable, and one person was injured. It was rated IF1.5/EF1.

Also, read the comments on these so you don't have to. Nothing much to see, just the usual assortment of idiotic YT commenters blaming the tornado on HAARP and/or fossil fuels.

maksimwx980

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find these sources from the ESWD and wiki page for the 1984 ivanovo tornado, some ive found but others i just cant through simple google searches

1708750010418.png1708750035042.png1708749955617.png1708749967338.png

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

buckeye05

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of the house that sustained the most intense damage in last year's Jersey, England IF3? It was apparently a well-built one-story home that had many of its walls collapsed and was left with its interior walls exposed. A nearby car was thrown 25 meters, and a large chunk of concrete from the home was thrown 35 meters into the second story of another home. It was in a more rural area just northeast of St. Clement, but apparently the homeowner didn't want photos taken. I swear I saw a photo that seemed to match that description last year though.

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score
Apologies for dredging this up, but I think this "clear sky tornado" is a hoax. A 25 km long, EF3 equivalent damage path would have shown up on satellite imagery in the vicinity of that town, but none appeared between December 2013 and December 2014. By contrast, the damage path of the Chachersk F3 is still plainly visible on satellite many years later. Also, that photo of tree damage they used is from Wales, not Belarus.
I'm late to this but I believe this is an April Fools joke/hoax based on the post date.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm late to this but I believe this is an April Fools joke/hoax based on the post date.
That's a likely possibility. I do note no one on that FB thread has called out the original poster on their BS yet. How would they respond?
bec

Back