• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threats 1/21-1/22 2017 (Saturday - Sunday)

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to go right by/over the speedway in Daytona. Lots of folks down in that area for the Rolex 24 next weekend.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Couplet developing over Winter Park, just NE of Orlando

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New storms SW of Orlando are going SVR. This is not over yet.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Pretty concerned for Oviedo, that was a strong couplet that passed.

Not to mention Palm Coast - strong couplet literally right overhead right now.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but with the exception of the initial DeLand couplet, none of these look overwhelmingly strong. Not much on CC either. Still a dangerous situation though.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New TOR, coming ashore near Sarasota well to the SW of all this currently going on

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
C20PIDwXcAA4pej.jpg

Kory

Reaction score
Sadly we've had more fatalities this year than all of 2016. A sad stat....more in the last 22 days than all of the 365 days preceding it.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Thankfully, I think this is all winding down to a close finally. This was a nasty, nasty three day outbreak.

Kory

Reaction score
What saved the past few days from being a much larger outbreak geographically was the lack of inland progression of the warmfront. Had that warm front made it to at least the I-20/59 corridor, we could have been talking about one of the larger cold season outbreaks given a lot of the wasted kinematics.

But, a high risk? Prelim storm reports don't support the issuance of today's high risk. Of course, that doesn't take anything away from the awful destruction of today's tornado in Albany and other tornadoes. My thoughts and prayers are with those folks.

today_filtered.gif

Kory

Reaction score
I know we had a large tornado today but it feels like this thing busted for most of the high risk area.
It busted by their very own definition. It's always good to back and re-analyze what went wrong to improve on the next forecast. But, this this has been quite a multi-day outbreak....which actually began back on Thursday with the initial trough....

High risk - An area where a severe weather outbreak is expected from either numerous intense and long-tracked tornadoes or a long-lived derecho-producing thunderstorm complex that produces hurricane-force wind gusts and widespread damage.

Back