• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - November 29th-30th, 2022

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NWS BMX posted: Nov 29 10:18p: We are getting reports of damage in the Eutaw (Greene County) area including structures. We do not have details of the damage at this time. This was associated with a storm that produced a tornado debris signature. #alwx

buckeye05

Reaction score
Hearing reports of damage at the Sagewood Apartments in Eutaw.

Also Starkville cell got a bit too crowded and isn’t looking as scary. No TDS, so I doubt it put anything down.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Jeff Piotrowski saying "large violent tornado" near Magee, which I'd take with a handful or two of salt. Nothing on CC to suggest this, nor any damage reports. I absolutely hate reckless hyperbole in nowcasting.:rolleyes:

Edit: Possible TDS was there, but nothing that I'd say was consistent with a large violent tornado

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
Jeff Piotrowski saying "large violent tornado" near Magee, which I'd take with a handful or two of salt. Nothing on CC to suggest this, nor any damage reports. I absolutely hate reckless hyperbole in nowcasting.:rolleyes:

Edit: Possible TDS was there, but nothing that I'd say was consistent with a large violent tornado
I’ve never seen anyone report small tornado on the ground

buckeye05

Reaction score
I’ve never seen anyone report small tornado on the ground
1.) I have multiple times
2.) One at least needs sufficient radar evidence before using the word "violent", especially at night

I had a chase partner who had a habit of this kind of thing, and it got him in some hot water eventually, even after I cautioned him. It just particularly strikes a nerve with me. Anyway, back to it.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
1.) I have multiple times
2.) One at least needs sufficient radar evidence before using the word "violent", especially at night
I mean in the warning text lol. Now the one I intercepted between Caledonia and Columbus three hours ago was a large violent one! It was crazy

Logo 468x120
Back