• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - November 29th-30th, 2022

Tennie

Reaction score
Weird, weird, weird. Again, I expected much higher-end supercell behavior today. But each event is different, that's what makes this fascinating.

I wonder if the notably meager low-level lapse rates might have something to do with things somehow...

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
14 tornado reports on the unfiltered SPC page; if enough are separate tornadoes and we get a couple EF2s I feel like we will wind up coming close to verifying even if the LLJ doesn't wind up spinning up tons of tornadoes into AL as stuff gets closer (which tends to happen in a huge number of events) - SPC was probably right at this point holding off on the high though in retrospect

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Earlier Columbus storm no longer exists, it collapsed into a blob of showers. Ramped up really fast and then died even faster, must have been some sort of localized boundary there.
CC drop perhaps indicating a Leafnado as the circulation collapsed? Tis that time of year.

Reaction score
New tornado warning on the cell west of Liberty/McComb, MS. Right in the heart of the radar hole between POE, DGX and LIX. Another one may be trying to get going along I-20 east of Brandon (DGX radar). I sound like a broken record, but not over yet, folks...

Back