• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
So the 18z HRRR is pretty much in for this event. The complex that's to form overnight has multiple areas (from Louisiana to Georgia) that have localized pockets of 70-95 mph gusts (I think 92 is the highest I found on the latest HRRR). Distinct bowing segment forms across the southern parts of these states and sweeps rapidly eastward.

Clancy

Reaction score
18Z NAM 3km is in with slightly different forecast from HRRR. Waits on more aggressive convection in Central AL until late night/early morning, and has it a bit farther north, moving into west-central GA by the morning hours. Would tend to think HRRR probably has it more right, but this isn't out of the question.
floop-nam4km-2024050918.refcmp_uh001h.us_se.gif

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
Large area in MS on the latest mesoanalysis has over 6000 CAPE and the HRRR wants to initiate storms there in the next hour or two. Lots of energy to work with.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Columbia, TN tornado so far rated EF-3.

I can also add from NWSchat information that southwest Limestone Co AL near Brigadoon is EF3 prelim at 136 mph, and Henagar area is very prelim "at least" EF2, but they still haven't gotten through part of the track and mention that it could be upgraded.

Logo 468x120