• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
I thought the couplet was ramping down for a couple of scans but held my words for the time being... sure enough, the TDS and couplet seem to be increasing in intensity again due south of Yazoo City. The debris ball even shows on reflectivity.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Chaser live stream that I forgot to share before. They saw the tornado before but couldn't catch up to it anymore it seems. Says that debris is still raining out of the sky though...

Reaction score
In retrospect they shoulda TOR-E'ed this sucker but probably didn't expect it to last that long today.

Attachments

• DGX_2327_CC.png
    DGX_2327_CC.png
    863.5 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
This reminds me of the 12/1/18 Illinois outbreak in a way. Small, generally unimpressive on reflectivity supercells "punching above their weight" with large, significant TORs. Also spinning up with little lead time, often the initial warning today has been a TOR-R based on a radar TDS and only THEN does the couplet ramp up.

Logo 468x120
Back