• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat January 23-25, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
A lot of cell merging will go on until a semi line is congealed lol. If anything is good SBCAPE forecast have gone down a tiny bit.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Going to be a good day! #Thundersnow

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Best cells for tornado potential will be cells around and NE of Corpus Christie and the cell west of the Houston tornado warned cell *IF IT LATCHES ONTO WF* which it may just go north of it and dissipate.

That cell to the west near Eagle Lake is now tornado warned. This may be rooted at the surface. Eagle Lake reporting 64/62.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I think it'll be a few hours before the best tornado threat in Texas. Too much junk and interactions right now in the warm sector. Need the squall to congeal and then worry about cells ahead of it or major kinks that'll take advantage of the atmosphere

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Your about to have biggin'. Wether it drops who knows. Not sure if surface based cape is there yet.

Lol it actually may have formed north of the boundary these days are so tricky.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'd watch the storm over Edna, TX for the next near-term tornado threat, although not warned as yet.

Agreed, this one definitely has access to surface instability. 68/66 reporting in Edna. 71/67 in El Campo.

Last edited:
Back