• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat Jan 18-20th, 2023

KevinH

Reaction score
as far as I know this time period is not being talked about. The SPC in todays D4-8 says:

“Severe potential is expected to be low Thursday-Friday/Days 7-8.”

If they don’t highlight anything for this time period by Tuesday/Wednesday, I’ll delete the thread LOL

KevinH

Reaction score
Yep. SPC says there is no chance of an event for this period. Please feel free to delete this thread as it is a BUST, just like some past Wx events (ha!) I would delete it myself but I do not think I can (or know how) LOL!

Reaction score
They (CPC) also delineate actual severe weather risk areas as well. They used to do it kind of on their own which was always interesting to see, but ever since the SPC started doing the 4-8 they basically just copy that, so of course they never have anything highlighted for Week 2.

Reaction score
I'm out on tmrw's system. I'm going to relax at home.

17-19th system looks like it has a higher ceiling of potential.

Seems like a pattern has set in with a new low coming through every 6-8 days from this train of Pacific lows.

FmKBRoGWIAA1KY7

KevinH

Reaction score

Seems like a pattern has set in with a new low coming through every 6-8 days from this train of Pacific lows.

FmKBRoGWIAA1KY7
Ryan Hall said the same thing in his latest video.

Dates of thread title updated.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score

FmKBRoGWIAA1KY7
I was wondering if this is a prelude to how it will be Feb thru springtime.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Time to turn gears and start looking into this time frame. Need a bit more consistency though, until the GFS and EURO jump on with a similar pattern idea for a few runs. Won't really talk to much on it.

Logo 468x120
Back