• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - February 15-16, 2023

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good post, moving forward I'd like to be more middle of the road on threats not leaning towards one way or another and getting offended; wasn't just me that had rebuttals yesterday but on my end I apologize to the staff on this forum and @Casuarina Head for any inconveniences I may have caused; keep posting and don't let previous interactions stall you from your opinion. I challenge everybody to overcome there own bias to there own forecasts and projected outcomes of events to make the forum a better place; a echo chamber is never a good thing and a toxic weather forum in general isn't a good thing for people that are weather enthusiasts.
On any forum that truly allows open discussion a skirmish here and there is inevitable; it's okay, because it's one of the ways we can all learn from each other and also learn to have more mutual respect for one another. I also think anyone here would agree that clogging up threads with posts bashing people like Casuarina Head doesn't make for meaningful severe weather discussion; it's also a dangerous precedent to needlessly bash people solely for holding dissenting opinions, I might add (respectful disagreement is always fine, of course).

Speaking of toxic weather forums, imagine if TalkWeather as a whole ended up like that thread on Stormtrack where people who dared question the rating of the 2006 Westminster, TX "F3" were either harassed or literally had their posts removed. I wish I was joking.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
On any forum that truly allows open discussion a skirmish here and there is inevitable; it's okay, because it's one of the ways we can all learn from each other and also learn to have more mutual respect for one another. I also think anyone here would agree that clogging up threads with posts bashing people like Casuarina Head doesn't make for meaningful severe weather discussion; it's also a dangerous precedent to needlessly bash people solely for holding dissenting opinions, I might add (respectful disagreement is always fine, of course).

Speaking of toxic weather forums, imagine if TalkWeather as a whole ended up like that thread on Stormtrack where people who dared question the rating of the 2006 Westminster, TX "F3" were either harassed or literally had their posts removed. I wish I was joking.
That's a shame lol, I usually will lurk and read some very insightful info on certain severe weather mechanics there.

Oh yeah, but if there is respectful disagreement a decent reasoning and explanation as to why should be given that there is disagreement in the opionon.

xJownage

Reaction score
Casuarina Head has been with us for a long time and he's no stranger to antagonism over the many years. I think we can all agree that he's allowed to post his opinion and the tensions only become an issue when others react aggressively towards it and create a multi-user back and forth. Hopefully in the future more people will ignore such posts they disagree with or respond respectfully and with evidence.

We have had a good informative educational thread here and I thank the many users who have contributed to the discussion! @xJownage I especially appreciate the thorough post-event break downs you've provided and I hope to continue to read more. That's something I have always wanted to see become a regular occurrence for notable events.
I try my best with the breakdowns. Jay was kind enough to edit most of my post to add acronym descriptions as I realize I use a crapton of them (probably the ex-military in me). Sometimes (like today) my time is relatively limited so I can't make them super well formatted or long ones, but I still tried to get the majority of my thoughts across. I'm glad people in this forum appreciate those contributions.

Telstar

Reaction score
I try my best with the breakdowns. Jay was kind enough to edit most of my post to add acronym descriptions as I realize I use a crapton of them (probably the ex-military in me). Sometimes (like today) my time is relatively limited so I can't make them super well formatted or long ones, but I still tried to get the majority of my thoughts across. I'm glad people in this forum appreciate those contributions.
Just wanted to say that I admire EVERYONE who contributes their knowledge to this forum. You guys and gals talk way over my head and really know your stuff. Thank you for keeping us novices informed.

Back