• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat April 7-10, 2021

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There are currently two Tornado Warnings in effect in Arkansas and Missouri.

Tornado Watch 75 is in effect with a 70% probability for tornadoes and 40% probability for significant tornadoes.

Broad Marginal Risk area for April 8.

Day 3 Enhanced Risk area for April 9.

15% severe probabilities for Alabama, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle on April 10.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Watching these carefully, if I remember correctly that one in Arkansas would track near a nuclear power plant.

Reaction score
There are currently two Tornado Warnings in effect in Arkansas and Missouri.

Tornado Watch 75 is in effect with a 70% probability for tornadoes and 40% probability for significant tornadoes.

Broad Marginal Risk area for April 8.

Day 3 Enhanced Risk area for April 9.

15% severe probabilities for Alabama, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle on April 10.

Wow, a highly rare unscheduled update to the Day 3 outlook to make an upgrade. Even more surprising that they would do so for a relatively small area. 18Z models must have showed something big, with good agreement. I haven't had time to dive in yet.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Watching these carefully, if I remember correctly that one in Arkansas would track near a nuclear power plant.
Yeah, the one in Russellville. Fortunately the TOR warning has again been replaced and Russellville is under a SVR warning though a TOR POSSIBLE tag is still in place.

Reaction score
Yeah, the one in Russellville. Fortunately the TOR warning has again been replaced and Russellville is under a SVR warning though a TOR POSSIBLE tag is still in place.

Everything looks fairly linear/anemic at this point in time. If one or two more robust tornadic supercells do develop today, I expect it to take some time.

Tennie

Reaction score
Everything looks fairly linear/anemic at this point in time. If one or two more robust tornadic supercells do develop today, I expect it to take some time.

Yeah, the radars are currently showing some fairly messy convection currently over much of the ENH area. However, things still have the potential to change, so it would be best to continue keeping an eye on things...

Tennie

Reaction score
TOR-warned cell north of Carmel, LA, looks to be trying to wrap up tight (at least on reflectivity, anyway; velocity is a little more ambiguous).

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Little bit of drop on CC - status is now observed on the LA storm near Hall Summit/Ringgold

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Screenshot_20210407-150001_wX.jpg
The rotation on the cell does look impressive on radar, thankfully CC isn't showing much as of now.

Kragg

Reaction score
Strong velocity couplet south southwest of Hemphill tx. To west of KPOE radar

Edit looks less impressive on updated scan, but that part of the storm has rotation

Reaction score
Possible tornado near Galion/Bonita, LA was earlier reported radar confirmed, although the latest warning statement downgrades to the standard "radar indicated rotation" it still shows as a TORR on GR Level 3.

Cell down near Fort Polk, although only severe-warned at the moment, is fairly robust, discrete and might have the best chance of anything yet today.

andyhb

Reaction score
Possible tornado near Galion/Bonita, LA was earlier reported radar confirmed, although the latest warning statement downgrades to the standard "radar indicated rotation" it still shows as a TORR on GR Level 3.

Cell down near Fort Polk, although only severe-warned at the moment, is fairly robust, discrete and might have the best chance of anything yet today.
Damage reported with that storm.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Eyes on these two cells in LA, first one E of Fort Polk and the second near the TX/LA state line
Screenshot_20210407-182920_wX.jpg

Logo 468x120
Back