• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

Kds86z

Reaction score
Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the damage in Rogers, AR is much more severe than the noisy radar returns let on. This is a densely populated area, so we're likely only seeing a fraction of the damage.

GOfm_G4XEAATnbF

GOfm_GXW4AAtno6

GOfm_G5XAAAGoHk

akt1985

Reaction score
As I said earlier, the Indy 500 is this afternoon but Indianapolis is in an Enhanced Risk of severe storms today. I wonder if there is any way the event could be moved to tomorrow? I’m not sure what their severe weather plan is, even if it’s lightning and no tornado.

Reaction score
As I said earlier, the Indy 500 is this afternoon but Indianapolis is in an Enhanced Risk of severe storms today. I wonder if there is any way the event could be moved to tomorrow? I’m not sure what their severe weather plan is, even if it’s lightning and no tornado.

They are going to try to run it today. I heard an interview with IMS president Doug Boles a bit ago, and apparently their lighting plan is stop and clear the stands if any lightning within 1 hours, so people can make it back to there cars. As nice as it would be, you just can't really build adequate shelter for 300,000 people in one spot.

A Guy

Reaction score
Woke up to like 30 new pages. Must have been a active night lol.
Like the two 'big' forecast days earlier this season (27/4 and 6/5). What daylight threat was forecast (i.e. like yesterday's 00z HRRR that started the hype, or even the 18z) didn't amount to that much tornado-wise, some people got upset a certain word was used, then things really picked up at night for the third time with strong tornadoes hitting populated areas again. Plenty of destruction and at least several deaths, while the chasers will still be left to stew over why they didn't see much. One of the patterns of this year.

Must say I'm not used to following these events after lunchtime my time. It feels odd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Back