• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5.22-5.24.24

slenker

Reaction score
Greenfield didn't get a TORE either, which I think is inexcusable. It had a debris ball the size of the town before it even entered the town.
It’s pretty stupid that some tornado in Texas with no debris signature gets a TORE because of a lying spotter, but Greenfield with a monstrous debris ball that was showing no signs of slowing down and had every single box checked in terms of radar indication doesn’t get it. I just don’t understand.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
It’s pretty stupid that some tornado in Texas with no debris signature gets a TORE because of a lying spotter, but Greenfield with a monstrous debris ball that was showing no signs of slowing down and had every single box checked in terms of radar indication doesn’t get it. I just don’t understand.
The thing is both of those situations could’ve been avoided if the NWS simply had a set standard for issuing a Tor E.

If they actually followed those set standards, it wouldn’t matter if there were lying d$ck heads or an actual significant tornado heading towards a low populated area.

That chart they posted in response to Barnsdall immediately fell flat on its face the next day, clearly it didn’t matter.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
The thing is both of those situations could’ve been avoided if the NWS simply had a set standard for issuing a Tor E.

If they actually followed those set standards, it wouldn’t matter if there were lying d$ck heads or an actual significant tornado heading towards a low populated area.

That chart they posted in response to Barnsdall immediately fell flat on its face the next day, clearly it didn’t matter.
Yeah, that's just a meme now.

Reaction score
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, the majority of the general public doesn’t understand or doesn’t care about the tags on warnings. You all may get upset or excited about its use, because you know about it and care how it’s applied. They hear the warning on their weather radio, mass notification system, or app, see if it affects them, then either take action or turn up the tv volume.

I’ve talked a few times about the TORE wording. There is guidance for it, and it’s generally applied across the board. But there are differences much like the EF scale.

Back