• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat 5/19-5/22/2024

Reaction score
Perhaps a tad further east than 4/26, which would work in my favor since I took Monday/Tuesday off from work but not Wednesday, back when tomorrow/Monday were looking a bit higher ceiling in KS than they do now. My range wouldn't be too limited Tuesday but I'd have to be back to start my shift at 3AM Wednesday.

At this rate I might skip out on chasing tomorrow/Monday and just rest up for Tuesday, especially given the above.

Tanner

Reaction score
A lot of people I see on socials are saying that the primary threat on the 21st is going to be from a QLCS with winds and embedded tornadoes…

I think I’d like to know what they’re smoking.

Reaction score
A lot of people I see on socials are saying that the primary threat on the 21st is going to be from a QLCS with winds and embedded tornadoes…

I think I’d like to know what they’re smoking.

I mean, with strongly forced setups it's always a possibility (that you will get nothing but a QLCS), but not a guarantee especially if shear vectors have enough perpendicularity to allow for storm motion off the initiating boundary.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Need to be watching NW/W OK tomorrow on the southern periphery of the wave/stronger mid level flow ejecting into the Central Plains. Multiple CAMs (NSSL WRF, NAM 3 km, FV3, both 12z MPAS runs, and the TTU WRF) have supercells down here on the nose of higher theta-e and a surging low level jet near sunset.

Reaction score
FV3 has a doomsday ef10 tornado scoring up bedrock in Oklahoma.

Can’t wait for this to not happen.
View attachment 27208View attachment 27209

Appears it's actually resolving the simulated supercell's mesocyclone as a 993MB mesolow...

First time I saw a CAM do that (although IIRC it was the NSSL-WRF) was for April 4 of last year which ended up verifying as the Table Grove-Lewistown, IL tornadic HP; although I didn't put enough enough stock into it (mainly because the HRRR didn't agree) to jump on the developing convection that became that storm in time.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think the enhanced risk for tomorrow needs to be brought south into northwest Oklahoma with a 10% hatched tornado threat.

TornadoFan

Reaction score
L I N K I N B I O
>> For FREE EF10 wedges VISIT scam.link/thisisavirus420 <<
H O T H E L I C I T Y
North America Weather GIF by BBC America

Back