• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/27-4/28, 2024 - (Saturday, Sunday)

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score

Looks like another large tornado shortly ago near Mill Creek.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Go to Bryce Shelton’s stream.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Briefly off topic, but unless Andy has turned it down, can we get an admin member here to get him a red Met tag? He is, at minimum, a Master's degreed meteorologist from the top meteorology school in the nation. :) If anybody in our currently active posting roster is deserving of one, it's him...
Forgot to reply to this earlier since so much was going on today/yesterday, but thanks for the endorsement, Fred! Also good to see you back posting here.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Forgot to reply to this earlier since so much was going on today/yesterday, but thanks for the endorsement, Fred! Also good to see you back posting here.
Thanks man! Not sure how active I'll be around here, but I'll try to stick around.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
The storm NE of Wagoner has some pretty good inflow on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped a strong tornado on its next cycle.

mariachi507

Reaction score
I can’t even count how many times I’ve heard people say for any hurricane or tornado “hundreds dead” or “entire town is gone” only for reality to show not even a percent of what’s been said.

Hate people who irresponsibly use such language for a disaster.

I kind of lurk here as a semi-hobby. At one time in my life I was considering Meteorology, but it didn't work out and I went into another field. I've never been able to shake my fascination with the weather though. Occasionally I'll try to learn about forecasting and whatnot, or read about tornadogenesis, etc.

However, I am a weather noob. I'll probably always be one since I have higher priorities in life when it comes to hobbies and interests. Which isn't a knock on being a weather-head, but I know what I'm good at already and what I should mostly focus on. Because of that, I don't engage with conversation here much because I don't have a whole lot to offer you guys, lol. I do love following alongside big weather events such as the last two days and really value your all's insight .

That being said, and despite my lack of knowledge...I can't even keep count on how many times I've facepalmed myself over some online-wannabe MET declaring that a town or city is "gone" from strictly only seeing radar data. It's absurd and highly irresponsible.

Apologies for the preamble on this post to what essentially boiled down to, "yeah man. I agree!" Haha

Last edited:

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Sulphur Oklahoma

Screenshot with flash of lightning.

Terrible damage. I’ve also seen a blurry photo going around with a completely debarked tree.
I'm afraid we're going to see some really nasty things in Sulphur with the first light of day later this morning.

Tanner

Reaction score
I wasn’t so sure how strong these tornadoes tonight were as I was working a half graveyard shift until 12. But my goodness, poor radar coverage aside, the debriss signatures definitely make me realize that we could be dealing with multiple EF3+ candidates. Daylight will be VERY interesting.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Sulphur Oklahoma

Screenshot with flash of lightning.

Terrible damage. I’ve also seen a blurry photo going around with a completely debarked tree.
My god I didn’t notice that was a USPS mail truck at first. Also I see a metal roof girder wrapped around a tree there. Ugly ugly stuff.

Last edited:
Back