• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/27-4/28, 2024 - (Saturday, Sunday)

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I will say though, that if we go too many more years without somewhere in the United States having those kind of violent swarm outbreaks, then we will have to consider something else at work other than larger natural cyclical variation. But based on previous tornado outbreak history in the United States, we're too soon removed from our previous historic violent day to try to draw any assumptions just yet. Since the mid 1800s, the U.S, typically averages a 5/4/2003 or 2/5/2008 type violent day (five or more EF4+ rated tornadoes in a day from a single synoptic system) once every 9-13 years. There have been occasional periods where they have happened more frequently (2003-2008-2011 for example), but never beyond 13 years, not since the mid/late 1800s at least. If we continue to avoid days of that caliber for another few/several years, we'll have to start to consider things outside of cyclical patterns.
Could warming of the climate actually be an issue …?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Please stop quoting Lake Effect's post. I'm mobile and can't keep up hiding the posts.
Yep. Try me. If you make comments that make members uncomfortable, guess what?
I would like to apologize for the way I've contributed to this. I have a tendency to disengage my brain cells when I'm behind a keyboard, and still need to work harder on that.

Let's move on.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I would like to apologize for the way I've contributed to this. I have a tendency to disengage my brain cells when I'm behind a keyboard, and still need to work harder on that.

Let's move on.
Same.

Back