• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/25-4/26, 2024 - (Thursday, Friday)

A Guy

Reaction score
Outbreak of the decade so far in the Plains, and it’s not even close for second.
I do wonder if people are still going to point out the lack of events in what you might call the chaser's 'heartland' in central Oklahoma and Kansas, like 3/5/99 or 14/4/12.

I think that might be part of the reason a few people had high hopes for yesterday - wanting an outbreak in that area of generally flatter land and lower population density, where the storms are often slower moving and drier.

This not to sneeze at an outbreak that's likely exceeded Easter 1913 in magnitude and which might be the second most impressive (even if not the largest) outbreak since I started following the seasons in 2013 (10 December 2021 is of course in first place), and has produced some of the best footage ever seen.

And there is still tomorrow, even if looking less likely than previously, and the rest of May.

Jpgood97

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have family south of Mount Ayr, so I should know if anything is on the ground on the southernmost Iowa storm

Back