• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe weather thread March 5th-7th, 2022

buckeye05

Reaction score
March 3, 2019, March 3, 2020, March 25-26, 2021, and March 5, 2022 had tornadoes rated as violent. Newnan however is questionable and probably was more like a mid to high-end EF3.
While that’s true about Newnan, I among others, strongly believe that outbreak did indeed produce an EF4 (Sawyerville/Centerville, AL) that just didn’t hit enough to be rated as such.

Reaction score
While that’s true about Newnan, I among others, strongly believe that outbreak did indeed produce an EF4 (Sawyerville/Centerville, AL) that just didn’t hit enough to be rated as such.
The last EF4 tornado prior in March was in 2012. Prior to that it was 2007 and prior to that it was 1998. I know the Perryvile 2017 tornado happened on February 28, 2017 which is probably close enough to consider.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sawyerville/Centreville definitely had the appearance and signature of an EF4 tornado but I don't think tree damage in rural areas was more significant than a mid EF4 unless that simply wasn't photographed, nearly complete snapping off in some areas with a lot of debarking but I don't think nearing 190-200+ level; either way far too few DIs on its extremely long path to accurately rate it. Winterset would've probably been the same way had it not hit that one cluster of homes at the very beginning of its path since as far as I know that's the only place with DIs that registered above mid EF3

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tornado Watch 39 is out for parts of southern AL including the coast and the FL panhandle. Bad things are going to happen if the one cell doesn't fall apart before making landfall in the area between Gulf Shores, AL and Pensacola, FL.

buckeye05

Reaction score
You mean the parties where you and your friends sit around and complain that a storm was underrated? Yeah, I'm probably not much fun at those.
Wow, that’d be a sick burn if that was something that actually happened bro. Too bad you have to invent an imaginary scenario to feel superior.

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
So you’re saying your posts on here aren’t indicative of what you do for fun at parties? Seems like my “sick burn” proved my point perfectly.
I’m not gonna continue beyond this, but shockingly no, because there are these things called other IRL hobbies and communities besides weather that I’m involved with, and believe it or not, I don’t discuss weather around those friends and social groups at all. It’s almost like I can recognize that it isn’t appropriate in settings outside of this forum, and that my posts on a weather forum don’t represent the entirety of who I am and what all my interests are. Crazy right?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I’m not gonna continue beyond this, but shockingly no, because there are these things called other IRL hobbies and communities besides weather that I’m involved with, and believe it or not, I don’t discuss weather around those friends and social groups at all. It’s almost like I can recognize that it isn’t appropriate in settings outside of this forum, and that my posts on a weather forum don’t represent the entirety of who I am and what all my interests are. Crazy right?
I know, crazy! It’s almost like you’re saying “I’m sure you’re a blast at parties” based on a couple of posts on a weather forum is a ridiculous statement.

Back