• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe weather thread March 5th-7th, 2022

Reaction score
Couple of new tornado warnings out for the cells training through the same general area near Diamond City, AR/Theodosia, MO.

Edit: As I posted it northern warning was dropped, only active one includes Jasper/Pindall, AR.

Reaction score
Some really nasty stuff going on in eastern Arkansas this morning. These may be significant tornadoes.
View attachment 12510

Kind of had a hunch the biggest action would be after I went to bed...the last couple Marches have been bad with significant tornadoes occurring late at night. We're now at four straight Marches with at least one major, killer tornado event occurring somewhere in the CONUS (3/3/19, 3/2-3/20, 3/25/21, 3/5/22). Actually, 3/19/18 was also pretty big (Jacksonville, AL EF3), but no fatalities.

Reaction score
I suspect several of those wind reports across Stone, Izard and Sharp Counties, AR from about 0030-0130 UTC yesterday evening will be confirmed as tornadoes by survey. They were with the long-lived supercell which had a pronounced rotational couplet and reflectivity hook for quite a long time, although a clear TDS on only a few frames (it was in a major radar hole at that time, plus it seems like it fortunately wasn't producing anything long-track and violent, or if it was it missed populated areas).

Brice Wood

Reaction score
First Violet tornado of the year in Iowa
Also apparently the second longest tracked tornado in Iowa since 1980; not bad for a March slight risk
I think that’s it’s also bizarre the fact we’ve had 3 EF4 tornadoes within the past 4 years, all of them occurring in a slight risk area or less, and all of them occurring in the first 5 days of March.

Reaction score

I think that’s it’s also bizarre the fact we’ve had 3 EF4 tornadoes within the past 4 years, all of them occurring in a slight risk area or less, and all of them occurring in the first 5 days of March.

If you're including the 3/3/19 Beauregard, AL tornado in there, that day had an Enhanced risk.

Brice Wood

Reaction score

I think that’s it’s also bizarre the fact we’ve had 3 EF4 tornadoes within the past 4 years, all of them occurring in a slight risk area or less.
If you're including the 3/3/19 Beauregard, AL tornado in there, that day had an Enhanced risk.
Yes, my apologies, but it’s still very impressive for March to have 3 EF4 tornadoes in 4 years, and also, they all occurred in different states.

Brice Wood

Reaction score
I’m struggling to see what’s impressive about that.
March doesn’t tend to see violent tornadoes every single year, yes it’s an uptick from February obviously, but I just find it ironic for them to occur in March for the past few years, and they’ve been occurring in the first 5 days…. Just something I find interesting.

buckeye05

Reaction score
March doesn’t tend to see violent tornadoes every single year, yes it’s an uptick from February obviously, but I just find it ironic for them to occur in March for the past few years, and they’ve been occurring in the first 5 days…. Just something I find interesting.
It’s a pattern I’ve noticed as well. No idea why the guy above you is being so dismissive.

Back