• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Might just be a typo, but definitely at least EF3.

Reaction score
Seems like that one partially swept home hasn’t been fully reviewed yet on Hawley…it hasn’t got a Di on the d.a.t yet…but that is the home that may get the tornado upgraded to ef4

Tanner

Reaction score
Seems like that one partially swept home hasn’t been fully reviewed yet on Hawley…it hasn’t got a Di on the d.a.t yet…but that is the home that may get the tornado upgraded to ef4
Seems like it was determined to be a high-end EF3 by San Angelo. But they claimed that there was only one swept away home, and seem to be oblivious all of a sudden to the other one.

Tanner

Reaction score
I know we have a couple more days before we enter a lull period for about a week, but that appears to be a recharge as the GFS the past few runs has been showing a major longwave trough coming into the states starting on the 16th.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
So it looks like the Hawley tornado might get ef4 after all maybe?

Can see some anchor bolts in that photo. Also I believe the only reason the cars weren't tossed from the car park was because the tornado was relatively narrow. Probably a very tight gradient in the corner flow region.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
And me thinks that the Deep South isn't quite done yet either.
Nope. I can't guarantee there's much more ahead before it flips to summer MCS type stuff, but I think there's a credible uncertain potential for at least one more synoptically-driven threat before the end of the month.