• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

Reaction score
Are we burned out from lackluster events yet?
Because D8-D12 look pretty interesting on the globals.
But I'm not getting my hopes up.
2024 Formula:

D6+ = looking really good
MidRange = downtrend, strife, and discourse
CAM Range = maybe? I don’t know? If something does manage to go up, it could be an interesting tornado day
Day Of: Wtf? Or: tornados popping up outside the predicted threat area

Rinse, repeat

Clancy

Reaction score
Yeah, Mid-May most of the time signals the end of big time threats for Dixie proper, and more to the plains. Don’t want to spike the football too early though on this year. We had 3 very active years in a row, this just may be one of those below average years.
After last year's late spring/summer severe weather bonanza, I'm definitely not writing off any late-season surprises. That said, this has been just generally a pretty weird year.

Reaction score
After last year's late spring/summer severe weather bonanza, I'm definitely not writing off any late-season surprises. That said, this has been just generally a pretty weird year.
Absolutely. Don’t want to minimize anything, but the only event that’s really stood out in my mind this year was the March 14th Ohio Surprise. Which came out of nowhere basically.

Reaction score
Absolutely. Don’t want to minimize anything, but the only event that’s really stood out in my mind this year was the March 14th Ohio Surprise. Which came out of nowhere basically.

Don't forget the record-breaking February 8th Wisconsin tornadoes which included a long-track EF2 when the dewpoint was like 47. After that I thought it was gonna be a year of overperformers. So much for that theory.

Reaction score
Don't forget the record-breaking February 8th Wisconsin tornadoes which included a long-track EF2 when the dewpoint was like 47. After that I thought it was gonna be a year of overperformers. So much for that theory.
Can’t believe I forgot that one - I didn’t realize the dew point was that low for the long track EF2 either.

Reaction score
Could severe weather be saving itself for hurricane season?
*some* models posted on another board are showing a possible record strong La Niña coming up fall/winter. On par with 73.

In all honesty and this may be unpopular, I have felt like the 2024 tornado season was just going to be a sideshow or pregame for some potentially big stuff in 2025. I’ve mentioned his season prediction video ad nauseam, but all of Trey’s analogs for the 2024 season (2010, 1998, and 1973) were all pre-year precursors for some loaded red letter and infamous years.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
*some* models posted on another board are showing a possible record strong La Niña coming up fall/winter. On par with 73.

In all honesty and this may be unpopular, I have felt like the 2024 tornado season was just going to be a sideshow or pregame for some potentially big stuff in 2025. I’ve mentioned his season prediction video ad nauseam, but all of Trey’s analogs for the 2024 season (2010, 1998, and 1973) were all pre-year precursors for some loaded red letter and infamous years.
Yeah we should have our hands full next spring with the strength of the Niña . Particular following a Nino …. This up coming fall May even big more active
Than usual

Logo 468x120
Back