• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

Tanner

Reaction score
WELL, today was insane.

I started off late in north-central Mass waiting on storms. Hopped onto the inevitable Manchester NH cell and then dropped south right before it got more organized. I was able to target the Hartford CT cell as it was moving east of the city. Seeing all of these pictures of how low precip and ventilated these storms were is just mind-blowing for this New England region. Right up there with May 15, 2018 and August 2, 2020.

When I hear well-known chasers/personalities say "it just feels like a significant severe weather day" I NOW DEFINITELY know what they mean. You can just feel it.

Reaction score
Definitely reminds me a bit of 7/28/21, at least as far as placement and development

That produced several tornadoes in southern Wisconsin around 1 AM, including a couple that tracked just west of my apartment! MKX only had a severe thunderstorm warning up at the time those ones occurred, but Dane County blew the sirens anyway.

Reaction score
00Z HRRR at least sort of depicted the severe-warned storms were getting here right now better than previous runs. It has consistently wanted to send tonight's eventual MCS much further north and east of most other CAMS, missing southern Wisconsin (and thus most of SPC's Enhanced area).

Back