• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Should have listed to that little voice in my head that said to stick close to home today...but succumbed to the allure of better terrain in Iowa.
I'm sure having a voice in your head you can listen to is a great thing, but the ones in mine are fighting constantly lol

Anyhow, found this video of the Janesville tornado. A barely visible funnel comes into view at about the 10 second mark, and remains so for about 25 seconds before becoming completely rain-wrapped and blending in. Interesting stuff.

edit: Oh, what a freakin' surprise. Video got removed. I'll reupload it to my Dailymotion account, where it will be if anyone is dying to see it.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
He's got a point, today is 6/22, 6+2+2=10, 10 is close enough to "TO" which is an abbreviation for Tornado Oscillation. Radio waves oscillate, so we can conclude beyond any reasonable doubt that the tornadoes were created by HAARP.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Pulled a nasty NAM sounding from right over Mt Washington. Man, imagine experiencing a strong tornado on Mt Washington. That footage would be the greatest tornado video of all time. I could die happy if that happened.
IIRC it holds ((or held) the wind speed record for non-tornadic winds.
(Edit) Just checked- 231MPH on 4/12/34 which is still a northern hemisphere record.

lake.effect

Reaction score
IIRC it holds ((or held) the wind speed record for non-tornadic winds.
(Edit) Just checked- 231MPH on 4/12/34 which is still a northern hemisphere record.
I climbed it last year on a beautiful day. Sunny and virtually no wind, even at the summit.

About 10 years ago I took the cable car up and went through about 10 climate zones on the way. Fascinating place, if you can make it there, it's worth the trip.

Back