• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2022

The severe weather season for year 2022 will be?

• Above Average

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Average

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welp, another lame bust for me.

Surprised only 1 tornado report on the SPC page, not associated with the blatant large TDS near Tomah/Oakdale. There's a report that states "confirmed tornado" in the text, but it's listed under the wind reports. SMH.

Reaction score

Surprised only 1 tornado report on the SPC page, none associated with the blatant large TDS near Tomah/Oakdale. There's even a wind report that states "confirmed tornado."
Have you even gotten a tornado since 2013? Just asking because, apart from Stoughton (which I believe you filmed), you seem to have busted so, so much. Basically every event from Pilger to today.

pohnpei

Reaction score

Surprised only 1 tornado report on the SPC page, not associated with the blatant large TDS near Tomah/Oakdale. There's a report that states "confirmed tornado" in the text, but it's listed under the wind reports. SMH.
Given the number of TDS today, I'm confident that there were way more than 1 tornado toady. Just be patience and this event never showed high ceiling.

Reaction score
Have you even gotten a tornado since 2013? Just asking because, apart from Stoughton (which I believe you filmed), you seem to have busted so, so much. Basically every event from Pilger to today.

Accurate. Just a few brief glimpses, apart from the Kirkland, IL EF1 on August 9 last year. Also, I didn't even get a good view of the funnel at Stoughton. Just a look up into violently churning clouds (the base of the tornado cyclone) with pieces of debris floating underneath before running for cover.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's some drone footage of damage from the Wyeville tornado that Storm Chaser Jaden Pappenheim on Facebook posted. Doesn't look like the structural damage is too bad, but it really flattened some forests.

That was probably the nastiest tornado radar signature in Wisconsin since the Chetek EF3* of May 2017. Likely capable of EF3+ damage had it gone through a town at peak intensity.

*Scratch that, last year we had the Boscobel EF3 in August. What all three have in common is they were in some of the worst possible areas in a state that is nearly all difficult chase terrain.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score

xJownage

Reaction score
So...I'm a freight broker working in logistics. I had a driver near Green Bay today who was going to pick up a load for me. I jokingly asked him to send me pictures of damage if he crossed a tornado's path. Did not expect him to actually do it, but well...he did. I believe this was near Little Rapids, WI from one of the QLCS spinups later in the line.

EDIT: This was near De Pere, WI according to the driver.

image000003.6819641525246436882.jpgimage000001.4450489977120941468.jpgimage000000.3292483692735583203.jpgimage000002.2374779726976752741.jpg

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
So...I'm a freight broker working in logistics. I had a driver near Green Bay today who was going to pick up a load for me. I jokingly asked him to send me pictures of damage if he crossed a tornado's path. Did not expect him to actually do it, but well...he did. I believe this was near Little Rapids, WI from one of the QLCS spinups later in the line.

EDIT: This was near De Pere, WI according to the driver.

View attachment 14548View attachment 14549View attachment 14550View attachment 14547
Wow! I have an aunt and cousin who live in De Pere. I'm sure they're fine but I'm surprised they haven't said anything about this to us.

Reaction score
Oakdale/Wyeville rated EF2 with a 20.9 mile path. Radar signatures were highly suggestive of something stronger had it passed directly through one of the towns at peak intensity. Two EF1s also confirmed in the ARX CWA.

On May 22, 2011 (same day as Joplin) a tornado began north-northwest of Tomah and passed north of Wyeville on what would become a 69-mile path. Rated EF2, vast majority of damage was to trees. Wisconsin's own Moshannon.

Last edited:

gregassagraf

Reaction score
Currently there is a group of storm chasers assessing the situation on the ground near Sarandi, RS state, Brazil. Earlier this morning a line of hailers passed through the region. As the day progresses the heat of the sun is preparing the environment for some severe weather later evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back