• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2022

The severe weather season for year 2022 will be?

• Above Average

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Average

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Couple of tornado warnings currently active northeast of the Houston area*. Nothing looks too impressive but a broad marginal risk across much of the South is in the outlook for tomorrow. After that, looks quiet for the foreseeable future.

*Edit: Possible TDS over Dayton, TX.

Attachments

• HGZ_2220.png
    HGZ_2220.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 0
  • HGZ_2220_CC.png
    HGZ_2220_CC.png
    691 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Another "microscale discussion" out for a localized tornado threat with supercell passing through central Louisiana early this morning.

Reaction score
Slight risk upgrade at 13Z for parts of the Deep South. Originally SPC was thinking the LLJ would outrun the convection this morning veering the surface winds behind it. That's still true, but maybe to a lesser extend than previously expected.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SPC really bringing it with the highly localized MDs lately.

Of course, the one currently active tornado warning is in the middle of a horrible radar hole. Those storms further south just east of the I-59 corridor could be trouble down the line if one can take off though, as they are cellular and presumably located closer to/within the richer moisture SPC referred to.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
SPC really bringing it with the highly localized MDs lately.
1641755597708.png

And another one. I think the fact that we are seeing more of these (referring to the past couple years in general) is just a testament to improvements in real-time forecasting/nowcasting confidence on the SPC's part, and I find it really cool that we're witnessing progression like this.

Reaction score
Storm over Jackson, AL looks like trouble. This whiffs of a day that was on the cusp of something larger; even the little showers/incipient updrafts are showing pendant/kidney bean shapes and hints of couplets. That's why you can never sleep on these cool-season "marginal" setups in Dixie Alley.

Attachments

• MOB_2032.png
    MOB_2032.png
    913.9 KB · Views: 0

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A confirmed tornado near McKenzie, AL.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Several semi-discrete cells at the end of that line. They may be too tightly bunched for any of them to really get going, but worth watching.

gregassagraf

Reaction score
It’s just incredible what this La Niña event is doing with some parts of Brazil! I think I haven’t seen more than 2 hours of sunlight total in the past 10 days! Just an incredible amount of humidity is being channeled from the Amazon rain forest towards the southeast section of South America!
This channel of humidity has been moving south very slowly! Back in Christmas some semi-arid regions in northeast Brazil experienced what only can be described as a flood of biblical proportions: I’m talking about almost the total rainfall of an entire year in only four days. Really sad stuff with lots of town under water.
After a summer trip with my family my father can’t get to his home in Belo Horizonte because most roads are blocked and there is a dam with burst threat. Really wish all this would stop and we can once again experience regular sunshine and recover from this storm!

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score
It’s just incredible what this La Niña event is doing with some parts of Brazil! I think I haven’t seen more than 2 hours of sunlight total in the past 10 days! Just an incredible amount of humidity is being channeled from the Amazon rain forest towards the southeast section of South America!
This channel of humidity has been moving south very slowly! Back in Christmas some semi-arid regions in northeast Brazil experienced what only can be described as a flood of biblical proportions: I’m talking about almost the total rainfall of an entire year in only four days. Really sad stuff with lots of town under water.
After a summer trip with my family my father can’t get to his home in Belo Horizonte because most roads are blocked and there is a dam with burst threat. Really wish all this would stop and we can once again experience regular sunshine and recover from this storm!
Weather models are showing Argentina and part of extreme southern Brazil baking under a 40+°C heatwave later this week.

Wind Driven Coconut

Reaction score
Meanwhile, in Florida

Wow! That’s got to rank pretty high up on the “tornadoes in Florida” video scale. There have been multiple confirmed tornadoes in SW Florida this morning, including one that crossed Alligator Alley and flipped a semi with one minor injury, and another in Naples that caused minor damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back