• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive Severe Weather 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Brad Travis mentioning may need to watch next Saturday in North Alabama. Huge temp swing from near 70 to near freezing for highs in 24hrs. What are the models showing?

Kory

Reaction score
Brad Travis mentioning may need to watch next Saturday in North Alabama. Huge temp swing from near 70 to near freezing for highs in 24hrs. What are the models showing?
Euro/UKMET would probably be a marginal severe weather event. Another high shear/low cape kind of event Saturday into Saturday night. But yes, we'll probably go from mid 60s Saturday during the day to near or below freezing for most of Sunday across Dixie.

Kory

Reaction score
Marginal risk introduced for Saturday for parts of MS and AL. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a slight as models have come in a bit higher with instability.

MichelleH

Reaction score
Slight risk for Saturday...

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

day2otlk_1730.gif

Kory

Reaction score
This looks like it could be a sneaky event south of I-20/59. Instability on HRRR is nosing upwards of 500+ J/KG with enough low-level shear. Couple of stronger UH streaks down toward Montgomery.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Fairly sizable slight risk with 5% TOR (although I'd be kind of surprised if any serious tornado activity takes place that far north).

day1otlk_1200.gif

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Fairly sizable slight risk with 5% TOR (although I'd be kind of surprised if any serious tornado activity takes place that far north).

day1otlk_1200.gif

Well the 5% doesn't typically account for serious activity. If anything I wouldn't be too surprised to see an upgrade in S AL, FL, and SW GA if trends continue. The 0z suite is painting a somewhat ominous picture for tomorrow down there..

Kory

Reaction score
Tornado warning for Sumter County, AL. That storm has some decent rotation with it. It's riding I-20/59 NE. May need to keep an eye on it here in Tuscaloosa.

Jacob

Reaction score
It's odd to me that the newly issued tornado watch didn't include Tuscaloosa County, given that this storm is tracking in that direction.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Today could be another surprise in S AL and the FL Panhandle. These troughs have been higher quality lately which can get more out of less than messy troughs can.

Jacob

Reaction score
Troublesome pattern potentially downstream 7-10 days out. Euro may be signaling a potentially active severe period.

I love the look on the Euro and GFS for next week. I'll be out at Lake Tahoe next week, and am hoping for a cold/snowy pattern. Warm here in the SE usually means a cool/snowy look out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back