• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Threat 27-28 March 2021

Jacob

Reaction score
Sorry, BNA, yes. I will say the SPC mesoanalysis for the environment in front of the storm was showing very minimal STP and helicity.

I certainly could just look like a loudmouth amateur, heh, but a handful of those returns were pretty dang impressive.

And you were actually right with the OHX. I forget and call it BNA because the airport is BNA

brianc33710

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
OK, SPC keeps watch barely N of Bham. Slight risk covers Blount, Cullman & Walker Cos, they can keep the bad weather tonight.

Jacob

Reaction score
Times like these really make me thankful for NWS Bham even if they can be a little trigger happy at times. Better to have that than people who just sit back and don't do anything when all the signs are there.

BMX does a phenomenal job of both keeping their FAR down but rarely missing tornadoes. It’s certainly a fine line you have to walk.

Kragg

Reaction score
There’s a Tornado Warning for that entire gust front in N. MS at the moment. I haven’t seen that here ever, But did see an instance where it would have been useful about ten years ago.

ETA: and they’ve let the tornado warning expire,there’s still a severe thunderstorm warning.

Last edited:

Matthew70

Reaction score
The flooding here in middle TN is horrible. Water rescues. This could rival or be worse than May of 2010. Nashboro village in 24 hours has already 7.4”.

Back