• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Threat 25 March 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Last week it was all over social media, but this week it's not getting mentioned much.
Yeah honestly it's really unfortunate, this would probably be activating statewide panic mode if not for us having had an event a week ago but no one's talking about this at all; really hope it doesn't catch people off guard if this one does verify the multiple long tracked strong/violent tor possibility

treypops

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah honestly it's really unfortunate, this would probably be activating statewide panic mode if not for us having had an event a week ago but no one's talking about this at all; really hope it doesn't catch people off guard if this one does verify the multiple long tracked strong/violent tor possibility
Some schools near my location are cancelling tomorrow....so the word is getting out.

Evan

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'll be out of town for tomorrow's event. Haven't been able to give it the usual attention because of that.

One thing I noticed this evening is the storms back in Texas. I've noticed a tendency for severe weather in Alabama to be more likely to occur and less bust prone whenever systems produce significantly back to our west. Going to be watching the storms to the west all night. If they end up putting down some confirmed TORs then that gives us a bit of confirmation for tomorrow's event, IMO.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah seeing the way things are spinning right now in Texas does not give me the warm-and-fuzzies about tomorrow.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'll be out of town for tomorrow's event. Haven't been able to give it the usual attention because of that.

One thing I noticed this evening is the storms back in Texas. I've noticed a tendency for severe weather in Alabama to be more likely to occur and less bust prone whenever systems produce significantly back to our west. Going to be watching the storms to the west all night. If they end up putting down some confirmed TORs then that gives us a bit of confirmation for tomorrow's event, IMO.
Tornado reported near Cranfills Gap, TX just now. Have had a few tornado warnings with these storms already, but this is the first confirmed that I've heard of so far.
I definitely agree that, while meteorologically speaking, tomorrow is technically a different event from today, the tendency of a system to just want to drop tornadoes before the main threat day gives off an eerie feeling.

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Tornado reported near Cranfills Gap, TX just now. Have had a few tornado warnings with these storms already, but this is the first confirmed that I've heard of so far.
I definitely agree that, while meteorologically speaking, tomorrow is technically a different event from today, the tendency of a system to just want to drop tornadoes before the main threat day gives off an eerie feeling.

My apologies since this thread specifically says it's for the 25th, but I felt that the pic of the tornado I mentioned above was at least a little relevant now.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Unlike last week's threat I can see this continuing across North Georgia as well. HRRR has been consistent keeping at least one good supercell going across the northern part of the state.