• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Threat 17-18 March 2021

MadisonDawg

Reaction score
Flooding May end up being a big part of this storm as well. There are areas between Montgomery and Hattiesburg have been getting dumped on for about 12hrs now.
I had almost 2.5" at my house in Madison last night. One storm was about 2 a.m., the other around 3:30. Very heavy rain and what comes tomorrow will no doubt cause flooding.

MikeP

Reaction score
Howdy, everyone. We are going to complete a routine clearing of the baffles aka switch out our web servers in a few minutes. TalkWeather may appear down for less than 2 minutes.

Captain Ramius:

Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please.

Capt. Vasili Borodin:
Aye, Captain.
I love that movie. 'Some things in here don't react well to bulletzzz'.....

WxSnowFan47

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So you are SEWS? Ha ha.. you really ruffled a lot of feathers. I actually predate that back in the 90s when I got started really from day 1. The forum was managed by JO. Anyways, back to current discussion.
Oh goodness. I apologize for my middle school self. I don't know if I came up with it first or my friend, but I remember typing it a few times. JO banned me at one point, a story I enjoy telling these days. :p

Here's what the Coffee County (Southeast Alabama, including Enterprise) EMA said in their afternoon e-mail about the Wed/Thursday severe weather threat:
--TIMING for severe weather in our area has been narrowed down to early Thursday morning from 1 AM to 8 AM. This will be narrowed down even further tomorrow.
--The entire county has now been placed in an Enhanced Risk (3 out of 5) for severe weather Wednesday/Thursday. This could be adjusted over the next 24 hours. A large portion of the state has been placed in a Moderate Risk (4 out of 5). See attached graphic. The hazards remain tornadoes, large hail and destructive winds. The main focus will be an intense squall line that will develop Wednesday night.
--Isolated severe storms could develop well ahead of the cold front, so there is a possibility of severe weather tomorrow afternoon/evening.
--Rainfall amounts between 0.75” and 1.00”

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Marooned, I was going to say the same thing. Many have gone to MSU to become meteorologists. The posters have matured and become more educated. Me - still the same as I was back then, educationally. Just a retired engineer now.
Or other MSU grads. 96 Communications/English Double Major. Minor in BBQ and Dudy Noble

Talk about out of place with a bunch of weather nerds. My Meteorology elective with Dr. Wax was my favorite nonmajor class.

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
Indeed. Sorry for the fake snowcasts from the "SEWS" that me and my old friend made. Makes a funny story to tell the meteorologists I've worked with though. ;)

Dothan City Schools (Houston County in Southeast Alabama) says they'll keep schools on normal schedule Wednesday and evaluate for Thursday.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Gov. Ivey has declared a state of Emergency for all 67 Alabama counties starting at 6pm.
Lol, those were so funny!!!

Keldeo

Reaction score
KDGX_-_Super-Res_Reflectivity_Tilt_1_4_56_PM.png

South of Jackson

Edit: Just got a warning on it

Back