• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Risk 2/23-2/24

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
the storm near Port Gibson, MS that's severe warned bears watching, there's some rotation in there

amanda90

Reaction score
Severe threat for Memphis appears to be over. I'm always happy to see storms underperform, but I'm worried that another busted forecast means no one will be prepared when the real deal comes through. Really only one storm in North Mississippi that is showing broad rotation - flooding is going to be the main story today, I think.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
Really interesting how quickly things are breaking out in AL. I'm in Jackson, MS right now and figured it would have been hours before things started popping off in AL.

champal3003

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storms to the southeast and east of Philadelphia MS have the supercellular look and those need to be watched close.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Stuff in MS really firing now. If it manages to not go linear immediately and the VBV doesn't kill it, here we go.

Tennie

Reaction score
The Walker/Winston/Cullman storm went right over my family’s place on Smith Lake. There are a lot of people in that area, though, so I think if it had gotten down and done damage we would have heard something.

Hopefully they're safe. Let us know what they say about the storm when they can.

Back