• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe potential 2/23-2/25

Reaction score
Actually quite unhappy w/ the NWS in Louisville, had a couplet and debris signature 15 minutes before the storm was even tornado warned. The cell even got severe warned while it had an obvious tornado on the ground. Pathetic.
9b6206618daa88e52cdd892438283436.jpg
Remember last year when one of the supercells in Texas had produced a large, violent wedge by the time it was tor warned? If I'm remembering right I think that was the Dimmitt supercell, but I could be wrong.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks it produced some pretty significant damage.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/NWSNashville?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NWSNashville</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NWSLouisville?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@NWSLouisville</a> <a href="https://t.co/QImtk27R2Q">pic.twitter.com/QImtk27R2Q</a></p>&mdash; Clarence Bennett (@tvs7) <a href="">February 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Suspicious isolated cells breaking out in MS, N of Jackson

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Debris signature seems present with warning near Osceola, AR, on the TN state line. Warning text says large and dangerous confirmed tornado.Screenshot_2018-02-24-18-16-35.png

Last edited:

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Weather Channel confirms 2 fatalities in Kentucky from that tornado.

So sad, they'd just talked about (on TWC) that there'd been over 200 days since a tornado death! [emoji29][emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app

Reaction score
So sad, they'd just talked about (on TWC) that there'd been over 200 days since a tornado death! [emoji29][emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app
At least one of the deaths was in an interior room of a house. Always tragic when people do exactly the right thing and lose their lives anyway.

The house has been reported to be "destroyed". Unless it's down to damage from falling trees then we're probably looking at EF3/high-end EF2 damage.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One of the guys who was there while it was still light out guessed it was about EF3 damage.

Reaction score
QLCS events are hit and miss. The 4/4/11 and morning of 4/27/11 ones in particular stand out. Obviously this one didn't produce 40+ tornadoes, but there appear to have been at least two in the EF2-EF3 range.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
confirmed tornado east of Adams, Tenn.

and of course TWC isn't bothering to cover it

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
3 active tornado warnings and they're showing the stupid trucking show, unbelievable

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This is turning into a very dangerous and damaging event!!
Kudos to The WEATHER Channel for choosing to entertain rather than discuss, I thought y'all were past this!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At least one confirmed (presumably) tornado-related fatality in northeast Ark. as well.

Back