• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Random Comment Thread

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I knew some probably wanted my roadgeek thoughts on these new tolls ALDOT will put on the I-10 Mobile River Bridge. Two words, WHAT THE .............

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I knew some probably wanted my roadgeek thoughts on these new tolls ALDOT will put on the I-10 Mobile River Bridge. Two words, WHAT THE .............

Will it become a bridge to nowhere that no one will use because of the high toll rate? I wouldn't drive over it that is insane.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
U.S. Space and Rocket Center had a pretty great party last week for Apollo 11 50th anniversary AND our Space Camp alumni group. It all ended with an amazing concert and I got to play with my Mavic 2 Zoom.

Last edited:

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Was talking with a cab driver today who also fights wilderness fires; he had just gotten back from one in Washington State and expected to be called to California, but Alaska was the big news -- over 50 fires already! I hadn't heard anything about it on the news, but checked up and it looks like the whole state is involved.. :confused:

Washington and California don't look too bad on that map right now, but clearly the West's fire season has arrived.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Was talking with a cab driver today who also fights wilderness fires; he had just gotten back from one in Washington State and expected to be called to California, but Alaska was the big news -- over 50 fires already! I hadn't heard anything about it on the news, but checked up and it looks like the whole state is involved.. :confused:

Washington and California don't look too bad on that map right now, but clearly the West's fire season has arrived.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought the Wildfire danger in Alaska to be a thing.

https://akfireinfo.com/

Matt

Reaction score

There's something fishy about this project. Did ALDOT really turn down funds for the bridge ? I smell Bob Riley or the James boys! Just speculating.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
There's something fishy about this project. Did ALDOT really turn down funds for the bridge ? I smell Bob Riley or the James boys! Just speculating.
They just received 125 Million dollar federal grant to help with the costs. Doubt they lower the toll cost though.

skelly

Reaction score
That's not at all what the response said.

The response said if “similar vulnerabilities “ are detected with other questions then Alexa won’t respond but Alexa was not having any problems providing info for any of the other religious figures. At least that is what I read from the article to which you linked.

ARCC

Reaction score
The response said if “similar vulnerabilities “ are detected with other questions then Alexa won’t respond but Alexa was not having any problems providing info for any of the other religious figures. At least that is what I read from the article to which you linked.

Yeah, Google's response made it worse. They should have just said it was a glitch or some idiot programmer.

Logo 468x120
Back