• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Multi-day Severe Weather Threat 3/12-3/14/2019

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
It’s odd to see these storms go tornado warned but not produce lightning. I’m starting to wonder if Central Alabama doesn’t get the worst of this with most instability staying south of the Tennessee River.

Reaction score
The best chance for tornadic development will be along and just north of the I-59/20 corridor, IMO. Best combo of instability/shear.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
BMX elected to not carry over the Columbus area tornado warning into Alabama; rotation is rather weak in the low levels right now

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tornado warning Lawrence. Rather decent couplet headed for Speake.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
To be honest I fully expect the Lamar/Fayette storm to go TOR as it heads this way. Right in that sweet spot. Sky super creepy here, rapid moving scuddy clouds racing across the sky with breaks of sun and very gusty wind. It's super warm out too... was pouring sweat working outside earlier.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
BWER and super strong inflow on Lawrence storm. That ramped up fast.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The storm approaching Lynn is developing a couplet. Lawrence tornado warned storm going strong. Very strong shear in this area, though CAPE drops off rapidly to the NE (but rising throughout the day, I assume)

Kemper County storm looks nasty. Might be a major thing to watch in the next hour.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Twenty bucks says it's going to go TOR soon. I'm probably going to get some hail here west of Jasper.

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
mcd0213.gif

Reaction score
The storm approaching Lynn is developing a couplet. Lawrence tornado warned storm going strong. Very strong shear in this area, though CAPE drops off rapidly to the NE (but rising throughout the day, I assume)

Kemper County storm looks nasty. Might be a major thing to watch in the next hour.

Yeah, the Lynn and Eldridge cells have shown increased lightning output recently too.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Constant rolling thunder from the Fayette and Lynn storms here... creepy outside right now.