• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Memorial Day 2022 Severe Threat (May 29th - June 2nd)

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Opted not to chase Monday after determining storm mode would suck for observable tornadoes, and sat out Tuesday as well after it became apparent that any potentially tornadic storms in Illinois would hold off until after dark (which they did). What looked like a nice 2-day regional window down the drain.
Sorry things didn't work out.

We're almost ready with a "New and Improved" weather system just for you and will let you know when the beta-test version is ready so you can have exclusive rights to chasing it ;)

Phil

Reaction score
Sorry things didn't work out.

We're almost ready with a "New and Improved" weather system just for you and will let you know when the beta-test version is ready so you can have exclusive rights to chasing it ;)

Phil

Unfortunately I think "exclusive rights" is pretty much a thing of the past when it comes to chasing these days. There are crowds out just about every setup everywhere you go, even the forests of Dixie or the Mississippi River valley in mid-December.

Reaction score
So looking at some of the video we got from the network at work this morning, it appears the damage around Forada/Maple Lake, MN was pretty substantial (significant roof and exterior wall loss to site-built homes, mobile homes split open and gutted). I don't think that one has been officially confirmed as a tornado yet, but I fully expect it to be and probably rated in the "strong" category (EF2+).

Reaction score
So looking at some of the video we got from the network at work this morning, it appears the damage around Forada/Maple Lake, MN was pretty substantial (significant roof and exterior wall loss to site-built homes, mobile homes split open and gutted). I don't think that one has been officially confirmed as a tornado yet, but I fully expect it to be and probably rated in the "strong" category (EF2+).

Reaction score

Aha, I didn't see that one added to the list on Wikipedia yet. BTW apparently there are multiple "Maple Lakes" in Minnesota (when a state bills itself as having over 10,000, I guess duplicates are inevitable). There's the one in Douglas County where Forada sits on the northeastern shore, and one in Wright County (closer to the Twin Cities) where a community also named Maple Lake is located. Confused much?

Back