• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX May 19-20, 2022 Severe Event

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like one EF3 damage point in the commercial district and two in the residential area on the east side of town, was kinda expecting 130ish so am interested in seeing the methodology; must have found something more impressive that most of the photos have missed

buckeye05

Reaction score
This is the house in Gaylord that the 150 MPH estimate was given to.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At first I thought that was one of the small poorly built looking houses in town but that seems to be a larger home of newer construction, with only a bit of interior walls left and much of the rest slabbed that's probably good for the 150

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The subfloor stayed put, but apparently the walls were only nailed down. And the stud end seen on the right shows 2 end nails. Not a good call by the survey folks at all :(

Phil

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I can't be contented with "close enough" or "a little bit in error". If you're going to do it "exactly by the book" as the engineers did in Mayfield then do it here too; there are clear and concise instructions on assessing this. If you're not going to follow your own instructions then they become invalid and you need to admit that and choose a different course. You can't have it both ways.

End of my rant, there's a thread for discussing this here: https://talkweather.com/threads/enhanced-fujita-ratings-debate-thread.270/

Phil

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like one EF3 damage point in the commercial district and two in the residential area on the east side of town, was kinda expecting 130ish so am interested in seeing the methodology; must have found something more impressive that most of the photos have missed

The first EF2 rated house is like, a block from my mother-in-law's house. Wow.

Logo 468x120
Back