• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX March 26th-27th, 2023

buckeye05

Reaction score
Tornado on the ground again. This one is between Warm Springs and Woodbury, GA
04AF0176-CABC-4860-8470-4BDA5DB961F5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Saw some screen grabs of the couplet on Twitter, and it looked pretty close to where the February 15, 2021 Sunset Beach, NC EF3 occurred. Was there a CC drop?
Looked like there could have been a little spec of one but I definitely wouldn't call it conclusive. Haven't heard any damage reports or anything so it may not have touched down or just did so briefly in a remote area.

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The tornado warning for the Macon County tornado was issued just after the storm moved past my location in Elmore County. What was interesting is that there was a huge uptick in lightning over my area. The thunder and lightning was almost continuous. It had a good couplet when it was just ESE of me in Elmore County, but I haven't heard of any damage until it got over into Macon County. It will be interesting to see if the survey finds any damage in Elmore County.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We are getting a survey for Friday night's Bear Creek tornado too, I assume they were waiting for the back to back severe to stop long enough to send a crew out lol

Screenshot_20230327-104436-934.png

Reaction score
I have a feeling we will see two more ef3 rated tornadoes. The West Point tornado. And that strong one from this morning which looks to have completely destroyed a warehouse looking building.

Reaction score
Now all points for the rolling fork tornado have been removed from the d.a.t …

There were only 3 but now there are none…

ColdFront

Reaction score
Now all points for the rolling fork tornado have been removed from the d.a.t …

There were only 3 but now there are none…
I don’t think it’s anything nefarious, usually until it’s finalized the DAT can be super buggy, and even when it’s finalized I’ve noticed some bugs.

I 100% trust JAN to get this right and done the right way. This isn’t Paducah or MEG.

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
For anyone who listens to the Rick and Bubba show out of Birmingham, this is the lake house on Lake Martin that belongs to Bubba. Apparently struck by a tornado down that way last night, though I’m not sure what time.

Looks like they talked about it on the show this morning. I thought the name sounded familiar when Spann posted that!

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Trees down and structural damage reported near the Autauga County Airport per SPC. Saying possible tornado. Was there a circulation in that area?

Just saw this post and wanted to respond. I saw this radar image on Facebook:

337098353_237994045279088_1881433485798817295_n.jpg

Josh Johnson of WSFA said: "Yep...it showed up for one scan, then poof...gone...also didn't help that MXX is down."

buckeye05

Reaction score
For anyone who listens to the Rick and Bubba show out of Birmingham, this is the lake house on Lake Martin that belongs to Bubba. Apparently struck by a tornado down that way last night, though I’m not sure what time.

There was a pretty strong circulation that passed through that area last night, but I didn't see a TDS. Despite that, I'm not surprised there's tornado damage in that area.

Back