• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 23-25th, 2023

Evan

Reaction score
Luckily, they have an AETC award winning AFB fire department about 30 minutes away from Amory who are very qualified and have the equipment. I'm sure they've already made their way up there to help.

Sounds like the county EMA is also making their way into town as well right now.

Liberty4dayz

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So, I live on a mountain outside Dunlap. In a mobile home. What are my odds folks?

Sent from my T767W using Tapatalk

Evan

Reaction score
Just heard a 2nd missing person report in Amory along with 3 injuries.

Earlier missing person report was a spouse who couldn't locate their partner.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Lots of damage across the Shoals. May have had a tornado go right through the area maybe north of the river. Partial building collapse in downtown Tuscumbia. Also, roof off the career tech center at Deshler High School in Tuscumbia. Kendale Gardens area in Killen (Lauderdale County) has been blocked by law enforcement. Not sure how bad that is up there. Nearly 20,000 customers in Lauderdale County without power.

SmokeEater

Reaction score
I really hope it was something else that he saw. Running out of ways to express the word awful at this point.
It's not, it's definitely a vehicle. You can see it at 3:00:55 in the Texas Storm chasers live. Talked to Adam and it could have been nothing else at that distance. They initially thought it was a drone, but way too far away for that.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Narrow tongue of decent surface instability showing up ahead of the line based on RAP but surface winds starting to veer with nearly parallel 850-500mb crossover at this point; probably not going to see anything but the line itself but the line itself could still spin up a few things even though it's not that impressive south of the Tennessee Valley at this point with an orientation more parallel to the flow

sbsbsb.PNGveer.PNGsgdhfg.pngvfdgb.png

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Amory PD is asking folks to go home and stay off the phone. They are having a hard time reaching people.