• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 21-23 2022

pohnpei

Reaction score

buckeye05

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah gonna need a solid explanation for that. If there isn't a traceable debris impact of some sort, there's no reason to go below EF3.
Mid EF3 for sure! There was some pretty intense wind rowing of debris as well. Certainly on the F-SCALE back in the 1990s it would have been rated F4 but I am going to say the house may have some structure flaws.

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score
Yeah gonna need a solid explanation for that. If there isn't a traceable debris impact of some sort, there's no reason to go below EF3. Honestly, I want hear why this can't be considered EF4.
I’m guessing it might have to do with large pieces of debris left intact (such as sections of the roof and walls) and weak contextual damage, still though I don’t know how it isn’t EF3 damage.

Reaction score
I’m guessing it might have to do with large pieces of debris left intact (such as sections of the roof and walls) and weak contextual damage, still though I don’t know how it isn’t EF3 damage.
I honestly most of the time think it has something to do with multiple vortices as to why the roof stayed intact and a tiny room in the back stayed somewhat intact.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Honestly, it's still early on and there's a good chance they will up it to EF3+. The Sartinville, MS EF4, the Fredericktown, MO EF3, and the Elon, VA EF3 all leveled or slabbed houses, but were initially all rated EF2 before being upgraded a bit later.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Looking at the Moundville damage, and while not severe, its considerable. They really dropped the ball with that one.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Has NWS Austin/San Antonio put together an event summary page for this outbreak? I'm looking right now and can't seem to find one anywhere, which is surprising considering how significant this was. In fact, I can't even find any public information statements either.

keithGA

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Couplet WSW of Macon, GA.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.06.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.06.05 AM.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 0