• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

March 2018 Discussion

Kory

Reaction score
Cautiously watching those severe warned storms over in East and Central MS moving ESE. I always find right movers produce some big hail.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Amazing how the mode, and lapse rates helps out so much with the quality of a storm.

jan_sounding.gif

Kory

Reaction score
A lot of flooding along the Mississippi River as all of the rainfall that has fallen in the Mid-Mississippi Valley and Ohio Valley rushes downstream. Many gauges are already in flood stage with some pushing close to major flood stage. Spillways are opening this week in Louisiana to alleviate some of the pressure on the levees.

Reaction score
Meanwhile in southern Ontario there seems to be a more spring-like pattern taking hold around the Day 9-10 period, which does look more persistent and hopefully will be here to stay. The good news is there's almost no snow left and not much rain for the forseeable future, so the flooding risk should be pretty low this month.

Daryl

Reaction score
Old man winter hopefully making his final appearance in north Alabama.The north wind is howling.

Kory

Reaction score
Watch the heavy rain threat this weekend (which I think will be the main story for most of the South). Upper level difluence noted over MS/AL with Saturday's system. Precip totals have continued to inch up.

Fs6ejSR.png

Any severe wx should be relegated to the Gulf Coast and part of the Florida Peninsula. Some pretty favorable supercell profiles from South LA to FL Panhandle.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Been a weird week. Managed a half inch out of the Miller B even though it snowed quite a bit.

Then actually had a SOLID NWFS event overnight last night. 7" of fluffy snow this morning. Pretty awesome. Season total is finally close to two feet with 21.5". Hopefully we get one more NWFS event we might can make the two footer mark.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Another decent winter storm potential for Saturday up here in the high country. Euro/gfs both are crushers IMBY with 8-10"+. I'm just hoping for half of that to get my season total above 2 feet for the first time since I moved up here.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another decent winter storm potential for Saturday up here in the high country. Euro/gfs both are crushers IMBY with 8-10"+. I'm just hoping for half of that to get my season total above 2 feet for the first time since I moved up here.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Crazy but another shot of wintry precip this weekend TN, N GA, NC... Maybe even a little over xtreme N AL

Nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logo 468x120
Back